Turn your Ultra HD TV into a multimedia gateway into the world of entertainment. The tiny EVOLVEO MultiMedia Box M4 media centre runs on Google Android 7.1 Nougat and allows you to view web pages or online TV archives in your living room. Its possibilities are virtually endless. You can easily add new apps to the operating system in just a few moments in order to get access to various online viewing services.
Support for 4K Ultra HD Video
Inside the EVOLVEO MultiMedia Box M4 beats a powerful heart in the form of a quad-core processor with a graphics chip. This provides support for 4K Ultra HD video and even HDR for brighter, darker, and more vibrant colours. The device also supports H.265/HEVC compression format and offers a wide range of USB ports for connecting external storage containing movies, music, or photos, such as a USB flash drive or an external hard drive. You can also connect the EVOLVEO M4 with various network devices such as a NAS or a computer.
The EVOLVEO MultiMedia Box M4 is equipped with Bluetooth technology for seamless transferring of files or connection of external devices. You can also stream the contents of a tablet or mobile phone onto your TV via the Miracast function. Controlling everything on the TV screen will be easy with the remote control which is included in the package.
Apps for Everyone
The Android 7.1 Nougat operating system gives you access to an extensive portfolio of applications on Google Play, where you will surely be able to pick the perfect app for your needs. For example, the Google Chrome web browser provides a great platform for playing music from Spotify or Deezer. Another option is the complete Kodi multimedia center, or popular video streaming services like YouTube and others.
Modernized for Performance
The EVOLVEO MultiMedia Box M4 delivers more power to allow for seamless gaming via the Android 7.1 Nougat game platform, which is becoming more and more popular. Now you can play latest games with graphics comparable to gaming consoles. The multimedia centre can be connected to your home network with a LAN cable or the more convenient WiFi.
Key Features of the EVOLVEO MultiMedia Box M4 Multimedia Centre
- Quad-core processor and five-core graphics processor
- 4K Ultra HD video hardware decoding and HDR support
- Support for H.265/HEVC up to 60fps
- 16GB of internal memory can be extended with a microSDHC card
- Completely silent fanless operation
- Operating system: Android 7.1 Nougat
Additional Technical Information for the EVOLVEO MultiMedia Box M4:
- Quad-core 64-bit processor 2.0GHz
- Five-core ARM Mali-450 graphics processor up to 750MHz
- 2GB of system memory
- 16GB of eMMC internal memory with the option to extend via microSDHC/SDXC card
- Supports HDR10, HLG, VP9 profile-2 up to 4K2K at 60fps
- Hardware decoding of Ultra HD 4K2K videos
- Support fpr H.265/HEVC up to 60fps
- HDMI 2.0a
- Completely silent fanless operation
- Pre-installed KODI multimedia application
- Android 7.1 Nougat operating system
- External antenna for high-quality and powerful WiFi signal
- WiFi b/g/ns with encryption support
- Bluetooth 4.0
- H.265 HEVC MP-10 @ L5.1 up to 4Kx2K @ 60fps
- H.264 AVC HP @ L5.1 up to 4Kx2K @ 30fps, H.264 MVC up to 1080p @ 60fps
- MPEG-4 ASP @ L5 up to 1080P @ 60fps (ISO-14496)
- WMV/VC-1 SP/MP/AP up to 1080P @ 60fps
- OpenGL ES 3.1, Open CL 1.2, DirectX 11
- MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, AAC, FLAC and more
- MKV, AVI, WMV, MOV and more
- JPEG, BMP, GIF and more
- Support for 2.4GHz wireless keyboard, gamepad, and mouse
- Support for USB flash drive and external drive
- Support for online firmware updates
- Dimensions: 12 x 12 x 2cm
- Weight: 218g
- HDMI 2.0a
- 3x USB
- MicroSDHC/SDXC memory card reader
- LAN RJ45
- Optical audio output
- Input for power supply
- TV equipped with HDMI input
- EVOLVEO MultiMedia Box M4
- Remote control
- HDMI cable
- 230V power supply
- User manual
Will I be able to play the latest movies in 4K and, for example, in the MKV format?
You will, but it is necessary to check the parameters of the video file, for example via Media info on your PC or a video player such as KODI, VLC, etc. Compare the parameters with the maximum values ??given in the specification of the multimedia centre. For example, these are the codecs specifications:
H.265 HEVC MP-10 @ L5.1 up to 4Kx2K @ 60fps
H.264 AVC HP @ L5.1 up to 4Kx2K @ 30fps, H.264 MVC up to 1080p @ 60fps
MPEG-4 ASP @ L5 up to 1080P @ 60fps (ISO-14496)
Can I play movies from a network drive or via Wifi streaming services?
You can. Make sure the M4 is getting a good WiFi signal - ideally, the WiFi device should be directly visible from the multimedia device. The longer the distance and the more obstacles in the way, the worse the WiFi signal. This can also be verified by applying a WiFi analyzer to track the optimal signal strength. However, network connection through a UTP network cable will always provide better results than WiFi.
How do I set the default Android desktop interface when I start my device?
(Deactivating the EVOLVEO Launcher)
On the first Iron Man screen, click the Home icon and select the Classic Launcher. Alternatively, go to settings -> launcher -> deactivate -> restart AndroidBox.
You can also use a third-party application, such as AutomateIt, to run KODI automatically every time the AndroidBox is turned on.
After switching off and then switching on, the device sets itself to Chinese language. What do I do?
Find the settings (globe symbol), set your desired language, and save. Return to the main screen, select My apps -> Other settings -> HDMI CEC. Here, only the "One button shutdown" option should be disabled and the other options need to be ON.
How do I fix a problem with "green" image?
In the Evolveo settings, go to Display -> RGB box. Turn this option ON.